IRIDIUM: A satellite service that helps fleets be more efficient and safer anywhere in the world.
SIRM, thanks to its partnership with Iridium, is able to meet the needs of large and small fleets to support operations with high performance voice and data communication services, flexible, with a high price/performance ratio and, above all, able to ensure a service that covers the entire land surface, also covering the polar areas.
Reliability and return on investment
IRIDIUM is one of the world’s leaders in maritime telecommunications services and offers customers a number of competitive advantages, including:
Connectivity in every corner of the earth
High quality voice and data service
Flexible solutions with a minimum (monthly) commitment to optimize service usage
A commitment to continuous service improvement, aiming to be the technological leader in L-Band solutions, also through the new Iridium Next constellation and the Iridium Certus service.
Iridium Pilot/Certus: A ship always connected
SIRM, as an Iridium service provider, offers the capability to integrate IRIDIUM services on board the ship, ensuring:
- A channel always available for critical on-board communications
- A reliable service that supports data exchange with ground offices via email or access to enterprise systems
- Three standard voice lines for telephone communication, on which it is possible to enable services with prepaid crew cards
- Full range of FleetOnCloud services
- A small, easily tireless terminal on board
- The Iridium Pilot terminal has a 5-year warranty and is the only marine terminal capable of providing truly global service coverage.
Safety first: IRIDIUM offers a pole-to-pole GMDSS solution and the only LRIT for A4 navigation areas.
IRIDIUM is in the process of certifying the service with the GMDSS regulations and is the only service able to ensure compliance with the Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT) regulations in the A4 navigation areas for all ships (passenger ships, high-speed craft, mobile offshore drilling and cargo ships) above 300GT. Iridium enables LRIT service through the Iridium Short Burst Data (SBD) solution with truly global coverage and high service performance.
The IRIDIUM network and the future
With a constellation of 66 interconnected Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites, the IRIDIUM network provides marine customers with maximum robustness and reliability anywhere in the world, including polar areas not covered by other satellite constellations. The network is constantly evolving and, with the new IRIDIUM NEXT constellation, it will be possible to offer new services that are truly broadband with the reliability and simplicity of installation typical of PILOT terminals.
Flexible and cost-competitive rate plans
Iridium Pilot is an excellent tool for crew retention policies, allowing easy access to the entire crew to data services (management of email and internet browsing and social media) and voice communications, with the ability to have up to three calls simultaneously with the use of prepaid crew cards.
We are aware that there is no satellite communication solution suitable for all ships, so at SIRM we work to always find the best solution for our customers, with a specific response for large commercial transport fleets, passenger ships, fishing vessels and pleasure craft.
With a growing demand for services that focus on reliability and performance, without losing sight of costs, SIRM provides solutions that offer the best to support operational efficiency and to offer internet access services for the crew and passengers.
We provide satellite services using the various constellations available (VSAT, Inmarsat Fleetbroadband and FleetOne, Inmarsat FleetXpress, Iridium, Thuraya) that offer global coverage, maximum network availability, reliable voice services, high speed data and easy integration with ground systems. Our connectivity services offering always combines with a wide range of value-added services in the cloud to make it even easier to reach a ship wherever it is in the world.
Our value proposition is based on:
- Solution engineering (airtime products and services)
- Sale or rental of communication equipment
- Managing backup options of the main communication channel
- Installation and configuration with a team of qualified engineers
- Selection of the best partners able to ensure the availability of a robust and reliable network
- Customer Services 24/7/365, through the Network Operation Center and worldwide support
- Management of the alert thresholds and control of consumption
- Integrated billing service for a clear and transparent telephone account
- Possibility to use pre-paid or post-paid solutions
- On-board IT management and ready-to-use cloud solutions
- Cybersecurity Management