With over a century of experience (more information about our history), SIRM UK Marine Ltd. has the resources and knowledge to supply, install, service and support a complete range of products. Working alongside the most respected suppliers in the world such as JRC, Thrane & Thrane, Seatel, Iridium and Inmarsat. However, as an independent company, SIRM UK Marine Ltd. is not obliged to recommend a particular manufacturer’s equipment. This ensures that customers have access to the very best products in all ranges.
SIRM, thanks to the quality of its offer and its technical service, has developed excellent relations with customers, suppliers and government agencies in the sector and thanks to continuous investments in marketing, research and training, the company is able to follow customers in choosing the best solution for their ships, supplementing the offer with an exceptional post-sales service.
SIRM VALUE PROPOSITION
GMDSS & Navigation
(VSAT & FBB)
Cloud Solutions and System Integration
SIRM is authorised by the Ministry of Economic Development to act as the Account Authority (AAIC) with the identification ‘IU02’ and the English MCA with the identification ‘GB06’ and ‘GB08’ and to offer merchant ships the following services:
- Full management of radio stations and all ancillary equipment required under current regulations;
- Shore Based Maintenance
- Traffic and connectivity solutions, identifying the best solution in relation to the customer’s communication needs among the different technologies available: Inmarsat Fleet Broadband, VSAT (Ku/KA/C), Iridium.
The company, in addition to offering complete support in terms of sales and assistance for all Navigation, Communication and Security equipment, is able to offer integrated IT and satellite telecommunications, sharing its knowledge of the needs of customers in the reference market, knowledge of the regulations that govern the sector, the system of relations with the main brands in the sector and technological expertise based on the most modern ICT paradigms of cloud computing, defined as “value added services”.
Innovative solutions include
- Managed VSAT Platform (platform for managing multi-channel connectivity and capable of enabling basic services such as VPN, VoIP, Managed Network Security, IP acceleration, etc.);
- Fleet Operations Center solutions in the cloud that integrate applications for fleet tracking & monitoring, route management and marine weather forecasts, advanced decision support/reporting systems and remote telemetry and navigation data into a single technology platform;
- Crew & Passenger Welfare Solutions (CrewWeb/One for the management and pricing of telephone and data services for passengers and crew,
- ECDIS training services and e-learning distance learning solutions for maritime personnel.
The portfolio of products, traditional services and VAS makes SIRM one of the most innovative and technologically advanced companies on the national and international scene. This portfolio of solutions is constantly evolving, thanks to constant investment in research and development in order to identify new solutions capable of providing an efficient and effective response to the needs of the reference market.
SIRM also has the approval of the main classification bodies for the management of GMDSS Radio Surveys and VDR/S-VDR Annual Performance Testing.
SIRM is member of:
CIRM – Comité International Radio-Maritime
The International Propeller Clubs